Saturday, May 10, 2003

Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chip

As I walked along
I saw this cookie
I stopped…
My mouth watered
Anticipating…
Longing…
Impatient in delight…
The sweet looking chocolate…
The hot goodness of its dough…
I licked my lips
I felt the hunger

Time flew like crazy
Next thing I knew
I held the warm delight
In my eagerly open palm
Its so close…
The moment has come…
I can feel its heat…
Calling me to take a bite…
Longing…desiring…
To fulfill its purpose…

Time froze
As I answered its call
I felt its warmth…
Sweet and chewy…
Yet
The feeling vanished
Desire faded…
It wasn’t anything special…
Deceived by its looks
The uniqueness gone…
My hunger unsatisfied…

I looked at it…
A once fulfilling
Thing that caught
My eye…
Now the sweetness was gone
Lost in its bitterness…
I released it…
Saving me from the discomfort…
I drank water…


To remove the bitterness
But it stayed
In my tongue…
In my mouth…
In my mind…

Now I feel pain…
Bitter sweet discomfort in my tooth…
It stung like crazy…
A pain that won’t
Go away easily…
I looked around
And saw a chance
Another treat
Much delectable
Like the first…
Hoping…
Wishing…
This would remove the pain…

No comments: